[hpsdr] Alex Manufacturing Status

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Aug 9 18:10:03 PDT 2011

Just to clarify things, the verbiage on the web page

"Once the funds are collected the manufacturing process will begin".

is left over from the old days of Ozy and Janus.

It was left in there to indicate that shipments will not be immediate
from stock.

The status is as follows:

All Alex RX boards have been assembled and are here in AZ.

All Alex TX boards have been assembled and are here in AZ.

The blank PCBs are in house here in AZ.

Dan and I (with major help from John Melton) are working on the test setup.

The test fixture hardware appears to be working OK, but we are having
a few software issues.  Since we have only one test fixture for each
board, we are having to debug "blind".

The good news is that we are almost there. We have been able to get a
few boards through testing, but the test results are not consistent
on the same board.  As soon as we get this fixed, we will have boards
immediately.

They will be shipped in boxes of 50 or 60 to John in TX for shipment
to individuals.

So you are very likely to see them shipped before the end of the
August. The mid-September date was a worst-case scenario.

OK, back to testing!

73,
Scotty WA2DFI
Dan N4XWE