[hpsdr] Mercury A/D

Dan Babcock n4xwe at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 22:48:30 PDT 2011

Hi Frank,

Before you become too concerned about the LTC2208 temperature, please take a look at the data sheet.  http://www.linear.com/product/LTC2208  Yes, the part is hot to the touch, but it was fabricated to operate that way. This topic was covered some years ago in great detail on this reflector.  AFAIK, there has never been a failure of an LTC2208 due to overheating.

73,

Dan N4XWE