[hpsdr] Alex Enclosure

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Wed Aug 10 17:17:16 PDT 2011

Yes, you should get the ebclosure for Alex when mounting in Pandora. Also,
the TAPR Alex page infers this as well:

Alex Enclosure Kit
"This is an extruded housing with custom end plates and hardware for a
standalone Alex enclosure or for mounting within Pandora."

You just won't use the labeled end plate when mounting in Pandora. The
mounting holes are in Pandora to screw into the Alex enclosure.

Unfortunately, for those mounting in Pandora, the custom endplate probably
represents a good portion of the cost of this item. I assume it is otherwise
a standard Hammond extruded aluminum enclosure.

I have ordered one however, for maximum flexibility in the future, and to
help support TAPRs outlay.

Bruce, N1RX