[hpsdr] Latest W5WC PowerSDR doesn't work with latest firmware

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Thu Dec 1 13:27:47 PST 2011

I just tried to use the updated the W5WC PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR v2.2.3. I'm
currently using the Beta_Release/PowerSDR_Metis_Hermes version, which works
fine. When I launch the PowerSDR_HPSDR_2 version, it reports a firmware
incompatibility.

I have only Mercury and Metis installed, with the latest version of firmware
loaded (Metis 1.6, Mercury 3.1). These versions are reported properly in the
UI of the Beta version, after I click "Power" and begin processing. With the
PowerSDR_HPSDR_2 version, when I click "Power" an error message reports
"Invalid Firmware Level. Metis v1.5 requires Penny(Lane) v1.5 and Mercury
3.0.

So it seems to be reading the Metis level as 1.5, even though I have 1.6
loaded. I can't say what levels the software thinks I have loaded, because
the firmware levels don't seem to show up in the UI until after the
processing is successfully started. There is no Metis rbf file present;
should there be?

Is anyone else using Metis and seeing something like this?

-Mark K4XML