[hpsdr] Loading ghpsdr3 into Ubuntu 11.10

Glen Miler afghound at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 7 01:30:58 PST 2011

Thank you Erich for all the help. I understood that ghpsdr3 was only for
RX. I needed TX also, so I tried to load ghpsdr.

Everything went well buy using the repository and installing ghpsdr3.
BUT, when I came up to your instruction.....

drop copies of the current .hex and .rbf files you're using for the HPSDR
into your home directory by copying, downloading or copy and pasting them
using a file browser.

I got lost. Where do I find these .rbf and .HEX files?
Of course I didn't do that.

The server came up OK and found the Metis.
But when I launched the HPSDR I crashed and got this....

gHPSDR rx 0 (Version 0.6)
getSoundcardId: HPSDR id=8
setSoundcard: 8
setSoundcard -41.000000 -48.000000
client_init encoding=0 audio_buffer_size=400 audio_channels=1
client_init audio_buffer_size=400
spectrum_init
ozy_init: command bound to port 12000 socket 3
ozy_init: server 127.0.0.1
ozy_init: connect failed: Connection refused

This is probably because I didn't follow the .rbf, .hex thing?
Can you or anyone help me with this? I'm so close.

Glen
W8NNN