[hpsdr] Metis firmware upgrade

Phil Theis phil at k3tuf.com
Mon Dec 12 13:40:26 PST 2011

Hi again,
Ok, so I found that you need to read the Metis instructions.  So I did.
I have a fully operational Metis for several months now along with
Mercury and Penelope.
So I decided to upgrade....
Now going through the initial, there was a successful discovery and the
programming looked like it was completely successful.
It stated that the old program was erased and the new program was
20,40,60,80 then 100% installed.
Then it all stopped.
Went to Appendix A and performed the JP1 and bootloader function to get
the program loaded,
Now I get erase timeout and a question as to if I have JP1 installed.  I do.
Now what?
thanks for any help.
73,
Phil K3TUF