[hpsdr] Programming Mettis Firmware

Phil Theis phil at k3tuf.com
Mon Dec 12 20:01:59 PST 2011

I have been successful this evening getting my Metis, Mercury and
Penelope firmware upgraded.
Assistance from Joe, K5SO was greatly appreciated.

Main lesson for my network is that I needed the HPSDRProgrammer  machine
on the same physical segment as the HPSDR.  The programmer would not
traverse two switches.  That does not mean that it won't traverse any
switch, just the switches that I am using.  So in the future if you have
any issues going to the Boot Loader tab, and you are unsuccessful, try
putting the devices on the same physical segment.
Also, the lesson that Metis needs another board to respond to the
Programmer Discovery button.  After I had Metis upgraded and it was the
only board on Atlas, I got no response.  That is to be expected and not
a failure.
Thanks to all who responded.
73,
Phil K3TUF