[hpsdr] How do you switch power to Atlas

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Sat Dec 3 20:06:07 PST 2011

On 12/3/11 7:22 PM, n3evl wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Since I'm driving my PicoPSU from a conventional 13.8V supply, I got
> the PicoPSU-WI-25 wide input variant that will accept input voltages
> in the range 12 - 25V.
>
> Pete, N3EVL

Pete,

I have the same setup, so I'll get the WI version as well. I'll be
replacing the coaxial power cable that comes with the PicoPSU with power
pole wires going to a chassis-mounted power pole assembly. I can't see
from the pictures on-line exactly how the coaxial power cable connects
to the PicoPSU. Are the wires just soldered into the PCB, or are there
tabs to connect to? If the former, do you have an idea what gauge wire
the PCB will take? If the former, can you describe the tabs? Thanks.

Mark - K4XML