[hpsdr] How do you switch power to Atlas

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Sun Dec 4 14:26:45 PST 2011

On 12/4/11 12:21 PM, n3evl wrote:
> I'll take some pics and send later, if you like.
Thanks Pete. The pictures were very helpful. In my case I've already
mounted a SPST switch where you have the binding posts. My plan is to
install a Power Pole chassis mount
(http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-accessories/powerpoles-chassis-mount-2-sets.html)
in the existing Power Pole opening in Pandora, and solder the other end
of the wires coming from the Power Pole receptacle to the PicoPSU, in
place of the existing white and back wires. I like your idea of the
binding posts for expansion use. I think when I need that I can install
binding posts internal to Pandora, and connect them to the second set of
Power Poles coming in through the existing opening.

I'm not sure if the Power Pole Chassis Mount will fit properly. I think
it's the right size for the existing opening, but I can widen the
opening if needed. I'm a bit concerned about whether the Power Poles
coming into Pandora will have room to stay clear of the PicoPSU. I think
it will work, but it's going to be close. If there's a conflict, I guess
I can widen the Pandora opening and move the Power Pole receptacle
toward the expanded edge, and find some way to fill the gap at the other
edge.

73

Mark - K4XML