[hpsdr] Ubuntu 10.04 and ghpsdr3

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 18:50:15 PST 2011

Erich --

I congratulate you on getting your install working.  I want to point out
that you have confused the software sources.

The original ghpsdr3 software of Linux  can be found at
     svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/N6LYT/ghpsdr3

and the wiki is:
     http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ghpsdr3

Another group that mostly work with softrocks branched the ghpsdr3
software into ghpsdr3-alex
ghpsdr3-alex has many nice improvement but they did not worry about
backward compatibility.

source at:
     git at https://github.com/alexlee188/ghpsdr3-alex

and the wiki is:
     http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/Main_Page

The HPSDR group is actively changing the firmware and software as well.
There is a project to bring the two branches together with a degree of
compatibility. that will likely take some time.

All these people in both groups are volunteers.  Erich if you would like
to contribute a set of instructions for either the ghpsdr3 or
ghpsdr3-alex wikis that can be done.  After one works with these
programs for several year, we forget what newcomers do not know.

Please join in and help other newcomers get started.

Dave, KV0S
openhpsdr.org website manager
openhpsdr.org wiki manager