[hpsdr] CW Skimmer

Doug W5WC w5wc at windstream.net
Sat Dec 10 15:19:36 PST 2011

Pat,

CW Skimmer works well with my recent release of PowerSDR v2.2.3.  You will
also need a program to patch them together, such as Virtual Audio Cable
(VAC). The demo will not work other than for testing due to the voice that's
sent every few seconds. I understand there's a shareware program that
performs the same function, but I haven't tried it at this time.

Here's a quick rundown of my settings:

PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR v2.2.3 Metis or Ozy

Setup->Audio

Primary

Buffer Size -> 1024

Sample Rate -> 48000

VAC

Enable VAC -> Checked

Virtual Audio Cable Setup

Driver -> Windows WDM-KS

Input -> Virtual Cable 1

Output -> Virtual Cable 2

Direct I/Q

Output to VAC -> Checked

Virtual Audio Cable 4.09 & 4.10

There's reports of problems using 4.10 on the Flex forums.

Cables ->2

SR 48000 - 192000

BPS 8 - 16

Stream fmt -> Cable format

CW Skimmer 1.71

Hardware Type -> SoftRock-IF

CW Pitch -> 600

Sampling Rate -> 48 kHz

Audio

Soundcard Driver -> WDM

Signal I/O Device -> Virtual Audio Cable 2

Audio I/O Device -> Virtual Audio Cable 1

This should get you started. I encourage you to adjust sample rates and
other settings to see if they will work for you.

73 Doug W5WC