[hpsdr] The Reversed T2 transformer on Penelope Revisited

Mike F mikecf100 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:04:10 PST 2011

I have just finished incorporating a power amp and low pass filter
assembly from a Yaesu FT-900 into my HPSDR system (Note:  This is an
extremely straight forward incorporation.  I can supply details to
anyone interested.).  The system works great with this setup, but the PA
is rated at 100 watts and I am only able to drive it to 60 watts using
Penelope without Pennywhistle.  I was operating on 20 meters and after
setting the PA gain in PowerSDR to 38 for 20 meters I reached 60 watts
with the slider at 18 and had no increase after that.

I have read the wiki entry about the reversed T2 problem on Penelope and
have verified that my T2 is reversed.  My question is:  Will reversing
T2 provide me with sufficient drive on 20 meters to get closer to the
100 watt level?

Thanks

Mike, K7SR