[hpsdr] The Reversed T2 transformer on Penelope Revisited

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Feb 1 17:23:21 PST 2011

Hi Mike,

The short answer is - yes, you will get closer.

The long answer is - how much closer?  You *will* be closer, but you
will have to try it to see if it is *sufficient* for your needs.

Be very careful with heat on T2 or you will melt it.  I have found
that the best way is to first use solder-wick to remove as much
solder as you can on all of the pins. Then you can use a sharp X-acto
knife to gently pry up each pin while applying some heat.  When you
have it loose, straighten the pins back out and re-solder it down.

It is not hard if you are careful and patient.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI