[hpsdr] New KISS available

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Feb 6 13:24:26 PST 2011

Dear Kjell,

You are right.  InitHermes.bat is missing from the directory where KISS
Konsole.exe is located.  If you have a copy of the file (from PowerSDR
maybe: there iso ne in the PennyMerge directory), just place it where KISS
Konsole.exe is, and I think you should be OK.

I'm not sure if Phil left it out, or how/where you are supposed to get it
otherwise.

We also discovered (thanks to Dave McQuate) that there is an issue with the
S-Meter if you are running Vista or Win7, and have selected a font that is
other than 'normal' size (ie: have selected 125% or 150% fontsize scaling).
This has been taken care of in the source, but Phil has yet to rebuild the
exes in the release directory.  If you download the source and rebuild on
your own, it'll be OK until Phil uploads the new binaries.  Phil does the
'official' builds of the exe files.

Vy 73,
George K9TRV