[hpsdr] TX drop outs generating transients

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 6 14:11:09 PST 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSok0y4h7A

My friend Rob W1AEX just recorded his screen shot of my HPSDR on AM during drop outs. Notice the transient generated down frequency. This was after I disabled windows Indexing and removed some server software from my machine. Dell 650 dual- dual core
running at 5-7% horsepower. I'm running 1.2 Firmware in Penny. Also get drop outs in RX from time to time. Rob is about 20 miles away. I was running 20 watts AM. I wonder if this
could be due to over modulation. I need to do some more testing but it does also happen on RX. I suppose you would never notice this on SSB unless there was constant audio. Frank WA1GFZ