[hpsdr] TX drop outs generating transients

Tom Cathey k1jj at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 14:30:19 PST 2011

Interesting.   Does the drop-out seem dependent on modulation or will it
drop out if you just leave the carrier on for a few minutes with no
modulation?

Technically, there's no  "over-modulation" of the negative peaks when using
a balanced modulator to generate DSB with carrier, since the carrier is
never fully cut off, as with a conventional plate or collector modulated
system.

But, if the drop outs  are audio-related, maybe the higher positive audio
peaks are triggering something else that requires more CPU overhead?

I will run some tests too and see what happens here.

Tom, K1JJ

  _____