[hpsdr] P-SDR two Tone testing

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 13 09:47:06 PST 2011

Hi Everyone,
Today I was using Power SDR as a source for two tone testing using penny to drive my MRI final. The two tone level looked quite high on the P-SDR display with plenty of unwanted sideband energy. I reduced the sample rate to 96K and set up an audio profile with maximum attenuation in the EQ. Still the audio level looked kind of hot with all mic levels at minimum. This did improve my IMD readings but I think the audio levels during two tone testing could be lower. I also have the audio preamp box unchecked. I went from -25 dBC IP3 to -32dBC IP3 at 100 watts output by reducing the audio levels. I only have 24 volts on the MRF150s so the numbers should improve when I go to 40 volts.
I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and is there a way to reduce audio levels.
Frank WA1GFZ