[hpsdr] Metis works! - but, a question

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Thu Feb 17 17:20:11 PST 2011

First, thanks to both designers and manufacturers for Metis!  I had no
problem at all installing H/W and S/W (PowerSDR 1.19.3.3) - works great.
CPU utilization is down a few percent as well.

However, running PowerSDR, I note that the audio settings are different for
Metis than with the older version I was using with Ozy and, more
importantly, it appears that when I adjust the Mic Gain to achieve similar
peak transmit levels, I've lost about 10db of signal-to-noise ratio on
transmit.  With the equalizer on, boosting highs, I see about 50dB S/N on
Ozy and about 40dB on Metis.  I can unplug the mic and it makes no
difference in the base level.

Two questions:  (1) Can anyone else verify this result or is it unique to
me?  (2) Could this relate to PowerSDR changes to resolve the I/Q
wrap-around problem that was mentioned on TeamSpeak?

Thanks,

Warren  NR0V