[hpsdr] metis arrived and working

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Thu Feb 17 07:40:48 PST 2011

Dear Gordon:

Did you cycle power on your HPSDR setup in between each of the tests that
you did?  If you did not, it could account for the results that you
observed.

I have seen Metis work here, using (on a WinXP SP3 box):
1) direct connect between PC and Metis, but it took up to 2 minutes before
the PC had its IP address after connecting and powering up Metis
2) PC and Metis connected to a switch that had a DHCP source 'upstream' from
it
3) PC and Metis connected to a switch that had NO DHCP available.  So this
runs much like (1) above, but the PC typically already has its IP address
assigned from the APIPA pool, so no delay was required.

I did all this on my somewhat advanced PC with multiple ethernet ports.  My
testing didn't use John's programming software, as I had been using a USB
Blaster to do my programming.

Vy 73,
George K9TRV