[hpsdr] Penny PTT unkeying spike - T/R sequencing?

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Feb 4 17:34:54 PST 2011

Hi Tom,

Fine on the use of a 20dB pad on the output of Penny. This is exactly the
right thing to do ( as apposed to turning the drive level down) since it
maximises the S/N out of Penny.

The new PennyLane board uses a different technique to vary the power output
in order to maintain maximum S/N even with just a few mW of output.

I don't understand your need to place a 50 ohm resistor across the output of
Penny. I would have expected you to have placed the 20dB pad directly on the
output of Penny. In which case this would provide a solid 50 ohm termination
at all times.

How do you have your system configured?

73 Phil... VK6APH