[hpsdr] Penny PTT unkeying spike - T/R sequencing?

Luke Steele mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Sat Feb 5 18:25:14 PST 2011

I have been following this with some interest, and I believe my rig may be
doing something similar.
On unkeying, the receiver audio gives a momentary squeak, and occasionally
I see "ADC Overload!" flash up on the PSDR screen, again only momentarily.
A couple of times in the past several months, I have found the thing locks
in transmit, but I have just put it down to the stupid crap that computers
sometimes do.

My setup:
Magister
Mercury
Penelope
PowerSDR v 1.19.3
OS; Win7 (but above symptoms appeared also with XP previously)

Main mode of operation is CW, with some SSB.

I am running Penelope into a Codan PA block with a 20 dB pi attenuator
between. The Codan PA only needs 1mW for 100W out.
The Codan PA is a great solution, but the drawback is that you miss out on 6m.

73,
Luke VK3HJ