[hpsdr] Metis v6.3 firmware

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Feb 25 10:09:57 PST 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 6:25 PM, Joe Martin K5SO wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> Even though you didn't say anything, I sure didn't intend to slight Heterodyne!!  I simply don't know enough about it so say anything.  If Metis v6.3 is compatible with Mac Heterodyne too I'd sure like to know it!

No offense taken.  Heterodyne is definitely a minority of HPSDR users.  As stated in your later message, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with Heterodyne unless it has somehow changed the USB protocol.  Of course, Heterodyne doesn't yet support any diversity, or multiple hardware receivers, so it does you little good to load it, but it shouldn't break anything.

As always, I appreciate your hard work on the diversity stuff, Joe.  One day I'll have a chance to take a closer look and play with it (and play with Herman's Cuda stuff, and...)

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com