[hpsdr] Another Metis down

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Feb 28 18:44:17 PST 2011

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your feedback regarding using Metis to program other HPSDR boards.

I've just re-read the instructions in the Metis User Manual regarding the
procedure to use, in particular to JP1, and it seems correct to me.

With JP1 installed, and the power cycled, then Metis will start in
BootLoader mode. This uses a different, fixed, MAC address to that
normally assigned to the board.

In which case I can't see how it would be able to erase or corrupt its own
flash memory.

You can check that the board is in BootLoader mode since the indicator
LEDs have a different pattern.

Perhaps when you re-program you board you could run through the steps
again and see if you can reproduce the problem.

73 Phil...VK6APH