[hpsdr] It lives - but....

Paul Fletcher paul_fletcher at me.com
Wed Jan 5 12:55:02 PST 2011

Got my HPSDR transceiver on air this evening with the 100W PA, all generally
fine with some good audio reports. However, I am getting RF feedback in the
headphones (not on the transmitted signal) and wondered if anyone else has
experienced this? I get nothing when using a dummy load but get feedback
when using a well matched antenna (and there is nothing coming up the
outside of the coax either - it's well choked and I've had a clamp on RF
ammeter on it as well).

I'm thinking grounding issue (only think connected to Mercury is the
headphones and the coax).

Suggestions welcome as always.

Paul M1PAF