[hpsdr] More Strange Behavior PowerSDR 1.19.3.2 , K7SR

Mike F mikecf100 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 07:39:54 PST 2011

Being new to HPSDR I am experimenting with the various features.  I have
installed two versions of Powersdr on my computer, both from the HPSDR
svn.  These are: "PowerSDR (KD5TED 5jan2011 derived from 1.10.4+BaseSVN
2025)" and "PowerSDR 1.19.3.2".

The following problems were observed with 1.19.3.2, and ARE NOT present
in the KD5TED version.

I was checking the rig while talking to a fellow local ham.  He noted
that when we both were on 14.18000 he had to tune about 100hz high for
me to not sound donald duck.  When he changed frequency he was too low
pitched on my end.  We played for a while and I found that if I set XIT
to -100 we could operate and both sound good.  I then loaded the KD5TED
version and found that it worked correctly without the offset.

This morning, while conducting further testing, I turned on another
receiver, tuned to the same frequency as HPSDR.  Using 1.19.3.2 when I
activated tune I heard a low level hum, although my power meter showed
output.  The panadapter display showed a tone about 600hz above the set
frequency.  When I did the same for KD5TED version, the display was the
same but I heard a clear tone at about the right frequency.  I switched
back to 1.19.3.2 and decided to tune the second receiver off the test
frequency.  Surprise!  The tone was exactly at the set frequency, not
the 600hz offset shown on the display.

Am I missing something.  Not being that familiar with the software, I am
not sure?

Mike, K7SR