[hpsdr] Using multiple Penelope boards

Selmeczi János jani.ha5ft at freemail.hu
Mon Jan 24 02:46:10 PST 2011

Hi all,

Could sombody tell me, is it possible to use multiple Penelope boards on the same Atlas bus. And if it is possible, what kind of modification have to be made. i.e. changing Penelope and / or Ozy verilog code, making some hardware modification (if any). I would like to experiment with phased antenna arrays and for that I would like to use multiple Mercury and multiple Penelope boards. As I understand one can use multiple Mercury boards, so this part is not a probleme. In the final setup the Penelope and the Mercury boards will sit on different Atlas bus, becouse in the full setup 4 Mercury and 4 Penelope boards will be needed.
I have an other question. I tried to download the Gerber files for the PennyLane board. But it seems, the zip file is currupted. On windows it is not possible to unzip the file, on linux unzip will unpak half of the files, but after that it reports CRC error and tha remaining files will not be unpacked. I tested the zip file with 7zip too, but it reports an error too. I have downloaded the file under linux with Firefox and an other time with wget. There was no difference. Does anybody know what is the probleme?

73
Jani, HA5FT