[hpsdr] Using multiple Penelope boards

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Jan 24 08:24:20 PST 2011

On Jan 24, 2011, at 2:46 AM, Selmeczi János wrote:

> Could sombody tell me, is it possible to use multiple Penelope boards on the same Atlas bus. And if it is possible, what kind of modification have to be made. i.e. changing Penelope and / or Ozy verilog code,

You'll certainly need to change the Ozy/Metis Verilog code because there's no space in the USB protocol for multiple transmitters.  There's only a single I/Q stream for transmit.  You'll have to modify the protocol to accommodate multiple sets of transmit samples unless you're going to do the phasing in Verilog.  Even then you'll need to modify the protocol such that you can actually vary the phasing from the computer.

The protocol already includes space for multiple receivers on multiple frequencies, but doesn't do so for transmitters.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com