[hpsdr] USB-protocol 1.27

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Tue Jan 25 05:50:44 PST 2011

Hi all

When looking at the USB protocol Version 1.27, there is the possibility
to get the IQ-data from up to 8 receivers.

Question: Using two mercury boards, each configured with *two* receivers
(version 6.3 fpga-design from k5so), what is the sequence of data:

first board, first rx
second board, first rx
first board, second rx
second board, second rx

(This seems to be the case accoriding to my own experience).

Or is it both rx of first board and then both rx of second board?

It seems than more and more people are using multiple mercuries,
multiple penelopes.
AFAIK, the protocol does not specify how multiple boards are treated. It
is also not clear to me, what happens, when I specify preAmp on/off with
two mercuries. My experience is, that both relais are switched
simultaneously.

comments are wellcome.

73, HB9EPU