[hpsdr] Help Needed!

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Jan 4 06:35:25 PST 2011

Hi Jim,

I'd be happy to work with you to get you up and running again.  If
someone else is working with you please go ahead with them; I'll
standby if you need me.

1)  Don't worry that you ran initOzy-Janus.bat.  It's not a problem.
InitOzy11.bat does need to be run instead though.  When you power off
the HPSDR board set and power it up again, then run PowerSDR,
initOzy11.bat runs automatically, so you really don't need to run
initOzy11.bat independently.

2)  When initOzy11.bat runs it loads firmware into the Ozy board and
should report Ozy version 1.7  (Ozy 17) in the PowerSDR Setup > HPSDR
window.

I see that yours is reporting Ozy 16,  not Ozy 17.  The latest version
of Ozy code is 17, so it sounds like you need to download Bill's
latest PowerSDR code (21Dec2010) from the svn (note the new IP address
for the svn repository is 184.81.173.3, changed yesterday); I assume
you were using Bill's code, but if not, download the latest W5WC
version or whatever version you were running before.  In any case,
download the latest code from the SVN and try again;  likely, that'll
fix you up.  If not, we'll work through the problem together.

You didn't do anything bad!

In case you don't have a chance to answer this message right away,
I'll be leaving here in an hour for a spell but I'll check back to see
how you've fared or if you need some detailed assistance.  We'll get
you up and running again in no time!

73,  Joe K5SO