[hpsdr] CW Operation

Luke Steele mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Fri Jan 7 22:53:49 PST 2011

John,
I have the paddle connected directly to the DB-9 connector on Magister, and
use the PSDR keyer.
The latency issue I have been experiencing is with the CW sidetone in the
headphones, connected directly to the headphone jack on Mercury.
What are your settings in the Audio tab for buffer size and sample rate,
and in the DSP tab for the CW RX and TX buffer size?
I may have solved my problem by reducing the audio buffer size.
Previously I had an older PC and I was running the larger buffer to reduce
CPU loading. Now I have a fast machine, and that should no longer be an
issue. The CPU loading meter indicated up to around 15% in tests last night.
I will give it a run tonight to see how it goes. I seem to get a pileup
nearly each time I touch the paddles on 15 and 20m lately!
73,
Luke VK3HJ