[hpsdr] Transmit on HPSDR

Tim O'Rourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 18:41:08 PST 2011

Mike
Gerd (NT Electronics) makes T/R switch with and with out 6M preamp, plugs directly into Penelope via D25 plug.
Gerd did male a very nice 100W amp with LP filters, it turned out that the finals he chose were in short supply and hard to get at a reasonable price. This was offered as a semi-kit with or with out a LCD display with SWR readout. I am sure if you are patient he will respond, HPSDR is a tiny portion of his electronic manufacturing.
I cam loan you one of his T/R switches until he responds. He may sell a partial kit for amp if you can find the finals. I can vouch for both products working FB. I know it can be frustrating waiting, I have been there and share your frustrations. As for band pass modules, I do not have the a particularly noisy or quiet location and find I an get by with out them. A field day or Multi-Multi contest station may be a different story. Alex and a 100W amp will eventually come. The same exists for the QSR1, a transmit option has been promised for about 2 years.
I did run my Pennywhistle or a 25W amp from HFprojects into a THP 1000W amp for about 200-300W out and let the finals in THP amp clean up the harmonics.
Keep in mind that HPSDR was never intended as a P&P radio, it is for experimenting with some very fine hardware, if you are patient and willing to try alternatives while waiting for pieces to be re-offered or replaced with newer technology IE Metris verse Ozy.
Tim W4YN