[hpsdr] Project proposal – Artemis or Arty for short.

Kevin Wheatley kevin.m0khz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 23:48:43 PST 2011

Hi Jeremy

Interesting addition, are you proposing an integrated, but stand alone 5 port switch here, i.e a loop back cable from the Micrel KS8995 to the ENC424J600, or doing away withe the ENC altogether?
Main issues without reading the datasheet in detail is the PIC software (I have a module that 'talks' to the ENC), plus the real estate along the edge of the board. If we place outside world connections on the short sides of the board, allowing the use of a large number of off the shelf extruded cases, we are limited to 200 mm of connectivity (100mm either side). One side is going to be taken up completely with the terminal I/O sockets, even then I've had to double stack them, so we've only 100mm to play with for, power, RJ11 (programming - I guess this could be moving off the edge), RJ45 ethernet, probably RS232, Mini USB for bootloader, SD Card slot. As you can see things are getting a bit tight. I'll have a good read of the Micrel Datasheet.

73's
Kevin