[hpsdr] Artemis - KS8995

Kevin Wheatley kevin.m0khz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:16:30 PST 2011

Hi Jeremy

I've just been scanning the datasheet for the KS8995, if I'm reading this correctly we don't need an additional PHY (it's embedded), the PIC would interface direct to the KS8995 via MII, so the missing link is the MAC address, we could use the same chip as Metis, hooked up to the PIC, the problem would be solved via software.

Perhaps this option is a serious contender :)

73's
Kevin