[hpsdr] iPhone/iPad

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:02:38 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:21 AM, Chris Smith <chris at vspl.co.uk> wrote:

> Problem is that Apple want $99 so I can have the privilege of uploading software to my own iPhone. Damn cheek!

Are you sure of that?  I think you only need to sign up as a developer
if you want to use the app store.   The development system is free and
included in the box with every new Mac.

That said why write an iOS app?  This can be done with HTML and a bit
of jjavascript.  Then you can run it on any web browser including the
one on the iPhone.    People write apps now rather then web pages
because you can't get people to pay for the web

--
=====
Chris Albertson