[hpsdr] Penny FPGA Load

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Jul 13 12:49:38 PDT 2011

Hi John,

I just tried it as stated below but get exactly the same results as
before; namely, if I use HPSDR Programer v1.4 the program does not
find a Mercury or Penny in the "Interrogate" mode but if I use HPSDR
Programmer v1.0 it does find it, so apparently the slot positions I
used before (Merc or Penny in J6, Metis in J5) make no difference on
my particular system.

It's interesting to me that the target board (Mercury or Penny) is
specified below as needing to be in J2 and the PC interface board
(Metis in this case) in J1 whereas initially (before Metis came out)
it was stated that the target board needed to be in J6 and the PC
interface board in J5 (which is what I normally do when updating
FPGAs).   Oh well, no matter.  On my particular system either way
yields identical results for me.  I still need to keep both v1.0 and
v1.4 of HPSDR Programmer around to cover all bases, hihi.  This
situation is a nit as far as I'm concerned.  Perhaps one day I'll
focus on why my system behaves this way but I think for now the
situation is perfectly acceptable and workable for me.

Thanks for the note!  Sorry that my system is a bit weird with respect
to the HPSDR Programmer; my particular computer system is apparently
unique in this respect.   I hope I didn't alarm anyone with my
observations; it's not much of a problem for me, to be sure.  I use
both versions of HPSDR Programmer as necessary here and I like the
program very much!

73,  Joe K5SO