[hpsdr] Metis/Hermes with multiple NICs in SDR host PC

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sun Jul 24 12:57:24 PDT 2011

Duane,

My hardware config is similar to yours:

a) MOBO Ethernet used for general networking, internet connection, via
DHCP, currently 192.168.1.6

b) Second Gb Ethernet card dedicated to HPSDR; uses 10.0.0.100 for the
card and 10.0.0.101 for Metis; I also have the default gateway for this
connection set to 10.0.0.101; the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0; no DNS
specified.

HPSDR seems to work fine with this configuration both for firmware
updates via HPSDRProgrammer and regular operation of the radio.  This is
on 32-bit Windows XP/SP3.

Pete, N3EVL