[hpsdr] Metis/Hermes with multiple NICs in SDR host PC

Hermann hvh.net at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:59:57 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM, n3evl <n3evl at townisp.com> wrote:

>  Duane,
>
> My hardware config is similar to yours:
>
> a) MOBO Ethernet used for general networking, internet connection, via
> DHCP, currently 192.168.1.6
>
> b) Second Gb Ethernet card dedicated to HPSDR; uses 10.0.0.100 for the card
> and 10.0.0.101 for Metis; I also have the default gateway for this
> connection set to 10.0.0.101; the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0; no DNS
> specified.
>
> HPSDR seems to work fine with this configuration both for firmware updates
> via HPSDRProgrammer and regular operation of the radio.  This is on 32-bit
> Windows XP/SP3.
>
> Pete, N3EVL

Just to confirm this findings (not with Hermes, but with Mercury): I have
just finsished successfully a test on my Win7 64 Bit Box with a similar
configuration:

a) First Metis with fixed address 192.168.10.50 on my home network (with
internet connection) on the first adapter with 192.168.10.1.

b) Second Metis with fixed address 10.0.0.50 on the second network adapter
(on the same computer) with fixed address 10.0.0.1 using standard gateway
10.0.0.50 and 255.255.255.0. At the same time connection to my home network
with the first adapter.

All is working fine, and my cuHPSDR as well as HPSDRProgrammer successfully
recognizes both Metis boards.

Great!

vy 73, Hermann

DL3HVH