[hpsdr] External speaker with Mercury

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Wed Jun 8 15:53:37 PDT 2011

On 6/8/2011 12:11 PM, Bob G Mahrenholz wrote:

> I wish someone would come out with a blank board with only a connector
> so we could build circuits to plug into HPSDR.

There was a suggestion way back when to do this. I guess it didn't
happen, so Pinocchio is the closest we have.

I just tried it with my Mercury, and using a Radio Shack 8ohm speaker
there is sufficient audio for a quiet shack.
I am using the same speaker with my Flex1500. The trick is to connect
the speaker between tip and ring, and no contact to sleeve/ground. Also
the top slider on the PSDR L/R audio control needs to be full left or
right. Obviously there is no stereo effect available.

This is OK for portable use where powered speakers is another hassle,
but in the shack I prefer to use my Bose externals.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an