[hpsdr] External speaker with Mercury

Steve Bunch steveb_75 at ameritech.net
Wed Jun 8 19:57:56 PDT 2011

On Jun 8, 2011, at 5:53 PM, Alfred Green wrote:

> On 6/8/2011 12:11 PM, Bob G Mahrenholz wrote:
>>

>> I wish someone would come out with a blank board with only a connector so we could build circuits to plug into HPSDR.
>>

> There was a suggestion way back when to do this. I guess it didn't happen, so Pinocchio is the closest we have.

A standard Eurocard prototyping board plugs into Atlas just fine.  The exact size doesn't pose any new problem - you were already on your own for bracing the cards, so anything with a mating DIN connector will basically work.  They're not especially cheap, but they are readily available in a selection of designs from companies like Vero (google "Eurocard prototyping card" for links).  I have a double-Eurocard wire-wrap prototyping board that hangs off the side, but plugs in just fine since my Atlas is in a big box.

73,
Steve, K9SRB