[hpsdr] External speaker with Mercury

jim KI6NJF ki6njf at verizon.net
Wed Jun 8 18:21:13 PDT 2011

Awhile ago I picked up 3 of these 15 watt sterio 12VDC powered amps for
another seller in Taiwan.  Don't beleive the 180 watts BS their only 10 to 12
watts.  They work well for integrated amps but do suffer from power-on "pops" I
also don't like the flashing blue led behind the controls, but that easily
snippable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Home-Hi-Fi-Audio-Stereo-Car-Digital-Power-Amplifier-
AMP-/200603935758?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2eb4ed240e

haven't delt with that seller

73s

jim
ki6njf
On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 03:42:09 PM Luke Steele wrote:

> When I originally set up my HPSDR, I used a pair of amplified computer
> speakers. Whilst this was ok, I did experience RF feedback. In addition,
> the speakers were still active when I used headphones.
>
> So, I fitted a small amplifier module and loudspeaker inside the Pandora
> enclosure.
> The amplifier I used was a Kemo #M31 3.5W universal amplifier module. It
> may be better to knock up an amplifier using an LM-380, or similar,  but
> the Kemo module was there on the shelf in the electronics store so I
> grabbed it.
[snip]