[hpsdr] External speaker with Mercury

jim KI6NJF ki6njf at verizon.net
Wed Jun 8 18:59:56 PDT 2011

I forgot to mention that these were based on the Toshiba TA8201 integrated
amps.  IIRC they have about 10% THD at 10watts.  So they are NOT a hi-fidelity
amp by any stretch of the imagination.  But for a cheap $12 and 2 weeks
shipping from Taiwan they are not bad.

I originally wanted them for my 1973 Toyota land cruiser which is so noisy
that 3 watts from my mobile rig is just barely discernible above the road
noise.

jim