[hpsdr] Mercury problems

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Jun 10 13:52:11 PDT 2011

Scotty,
Further, I did get out my byteblaster clone and attached it to the PROM CFG connector,chose 'active serial programming' and chose
the only file I was allowed to choose in what I had downloaded by checking out 'Mercury V2.9' from the SVN, according to the SVN
link on the download page of the openhpsdr.org website.

While (whilst?) programming was successful, there was no change in behavior after a power cycle.

I also tried the 'JTAG' connector and what it offered, but that's for changing code temporarily, right?  In any event, no better
results there either.

I do notice that sometimes the 'ADC Overload' LED turns on.  Could this be an ADC failure rather than a FPGA failure?  Or what are
your suspicions, given this new information.

73,
George K9TRV