[hpsdr] DSO Quad and Bus Pirate arrived

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Tue Jun 14 16:47:45 PDT 2011

I received my DSO Quad a couple of months ago.  I know there are some
owners who are fairly unhappy with the Quad for two reasons: 1) the
analog bandwidth is much less than they assumed (3dB much less than
10MHz, even though sampling is supposed to be 72MHz), and 2) the menu
system is clunky and awkward.  I've seen work being done on both
issues.  I'm not sure that all the source is available yet, last I
looked the FPGA code may not have been available.

But, I really like mine, and have shown it to a couple of ham clubs.
For $200, I think it's a winner!  You have to know how to use it, and
what the limitations are, however.  Plus, some people are never happy.
73s
Terry, WB4JFI