[hpsdr] KISS Konsole & the dreaded tortoise

Lee Calcraft lee_xp2 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 11:04:58 PDT 2011

Thanks to everyone for all the help! John - many thanks for the zip of the Konsole source, which I have already taken a look at. At the moment I seem to be missing three libraries: HPSDR_USB_LIB_V1, SharpDSP and Tamir.IPLib.SharpPcap.

I have also now installed TortoiseSVN, and rebooted, but when I right click on a newly created KISS folder, there is no Tortoise option on the menu. I am using Win 7 64 bit, and used the 64 bit version of Tortoise. Presumably I need to use XP to get the Tortoise right-click menu entry to come up?

Lee G3SEW

You don't mention what OS you're running, but for M$ Windows (the only OS I know of that perpetrates C#) all you need
 is to download the latest version of Tortoise (from http://tortoisesvn.net),  double click on the downloaded file icon and agree to the install.

Then create s folder (called KISS say) in a convenient location, right click on the folder icon, select Tortoise SVN > Relocate, enter the URL of the repository and OK. Then right click on the folder icon again and select SVN Update. The files will be downloaded from the repository to the folder.

Cheers & 73

Chris G4NUX

On 24 Jun 2011, at 16:25, Lee Calcraft wrote:

> Hi
>
> The KISS Konsole sounds like a great idea, but I am not sure the KISS principle has been applied to accessing the files :-)
>
> I would just like to get a set of source files for the project, but the only access appears to be
 via SVN. I have taken a look at documentation for Tortoise SVN in the hope of getting an idea of what is involved, but this seems like a novel-length document.