[hpsdr] KISS Konsole & the dreaded tortoise

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Jun 24 11:32:11 PDT 2011

Dear Lee,

If you have the Metis version of KISS code, you do NOT need the
HPSDR_USB_LIB_V1, as it is used ONLY for the Ozy/Magister version.  If this
is NOT in your release or debug folder, then get the binary for
Ozy/Magister, and it will be found there, as will the SharpDSP dll.

You do NOT need the Tampir.IPLib.SharpPCap dll, and you can safely remove
any reference to it from your project.

I hope that you are using Visual Studio C# 2008 Express Edition.  That would
be the correct version to download and install from Microsoft to explore
this code base.

Perhaps what John sent you was incomplete.  If you have TortoiseSVN
installed, you should go to the SVN location specified on the WIKI, perhaps,
and see if the missing bits are all there.

For example, I'm using the KISS Ethernet version 1.04 (from the 'beta'
folder path), and SharpDSP is found in the release folder.  However,
HPSDR_USB_LIB_V1 is found in the release folder.  But then, as I said,
HPSDR_USB_LIB_V1 is not needed for Kiss Ethernet (which uses Metis, not Ozy
or Magister).

Assuming that you are using Windows XP, when I right-click on a folder (mine
are all under C:\HPSDR...), I have an option that I can choose called
'TortoiseSVN'.  Under that, I'd choose 'Repo-browser' and put in the URL for
the SVN that came from the WIKI.

73,
George K9TRV