[hpsdr] Need some help on software HPSDR Startup

Bob Mahrenholz bobm at edge.net
Fri Jun 24 19:27:16 PDT 2011

Hi:

My problem with PowerSDR refusing to start and giving me an HPSDR
error about the board firmware levels appears to have been caused by
the libusb driver not being installed.  I had had some problems in
trying to install it. I now have my Window XP listing of device
drivers showing "LibUSB-Win32Devices".  PowerSDR (KD5TFD 2 Feb 2011b
derived from v1.10.4 + Base SVN 2025) is up and running.  Thanks for
everybody's help with this!

I'm going thru the various functions to see how and if everything
works. I've previously been using Power SDR v1.12.1 with a
SoftRock.  I have the HPSDR set up on the broadcast band and am looking around.

I'm having a little difficulty tuning. I can scan by grabbing the
frequency scale and dragging it or change the VFO A frequency by the
mouse wheel but I cannot click on a signal with a mouse and tune to
it automatically.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob
K4QQK