[hpsdr] Problem with Dropouts running PowerSDR

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Jun 26 06:47:56 PDT 2011

Bob,

Audio dropouts/pops are sometimes observed when using Ozy or Magister
if the audio buffer size and/or sampling rate are not set optimally
for your system.  With Metis this phenomenon is much reduced, if not
eliminated altogether.

I suggest that you try adjusting

Setup > Audio > Buffer Size

to something smaller than what you currently have set and perhaps, if
necessary, lowering the sampling rate setting in

Setup > Audio > Sample Rate

This is true particularly if you are using USB comm (Ozy or Magister)
between the HPSDR boards and the PC.  As I mentioned, using Metis for
the comm cured all such dropouts and pops for me even at the highest
sampling rate of 192,000 and buffer size of 1024.

73,  Joe K5SO