[hpsdr] another newbie question, this time with a lot of red blinking lights...

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Sun Jun 26 17:06:04 PDT 2011

Considering the diagnostic level of the questions I figured it would be
better if I did a bit more exploration on my own.  It's starting to look
like this is an issue with multiple installed devices on this PC, but it may
be a correctable bug rather than something to add to the installation guide.

Comparing HPSDR Programmer discovery and KK discovery I'm seeing that the
source address is different between the two.  I couldn't figure out the
source address to HPSDR yet (got changed to the machine name), but it looks
like KK is using the source address of VirtualBox (which means I should
disable that interface?).  The code between the two is nearly identical so
I'm not sure what's going on there yet.

Also, another confusing thing was the "Restart KK to apply changes" didn't
mean restarting the program but clicking the [OFF] button.  Am I correct
that nothing in that program saves to disk?

Thanks to Steve K9SRB for telling me where in PowerSDR to go to enable
skins...

Also, I don't know what proper etiquette is on the reflector yet, please let
me know if/when this conversation is better done offlist...