[hpsdr] another newbie question, this time with a lot of red blinking lights...

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Jun 26 19:17:15 PDT 2011

Hi Eric,

Good to hear that you are making progress.

It's fine to discuss this on the reflector - if we can resolve your
problem(s) and improve the user documentation in the process then we can
hopefully streamline the installation for future users.

73 Phil...VK6APH

> Considering the diagnostic level of the questions I figured it would be
> better if I did a bit more exploration on my own.  It's starting to look
> like this is an issue with multiple installed devices on this PC, but it
> may
> be a correctable bug rather than something to add to the installation
> guide.
>
> Comparing HPSDR Programmer discovery and KK discovery I'm seeing that the
> source address is different between the two.  I couldn't figure out the
> source address to HPSDR yet (got changed to the machine name), but it
> looks
> like KK is using the source address of VirtualBox (which means I should
> disable that interface?).  The code between the two is nearly identical so
> I'm not sure what's going on there yet.
>
> Also, another confusing thing was the "Restart KK to apply changes" didn't
> mean restarting the program but clicking the [OFF] button.  Am I correct
> that nothing in that program saves to disk?
>
> Thanks to Steve K9SRB for telling me where in PowerSDR to go to enable
> skins...
>
> Also, I don't know what proper etiquette is on the reflector yet, please
> let
> me know if/when this conversation is better done offlist...
>
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Dan Quigley <dquigley at msn.com> wrote:
>
>> Erik,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Change the IP address of Metis to 192.168.10.3  or something other than
>> 192.168.10.1
  The address you have assigned metis is the default