[hpsdr] HPSDR Programmer

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Tue Mar 1 17:27:03 PST 2011

G'day,

I spent some time debugging the HPSDR Programmer yesterday and cleaned up the
interface discovery code. The problem was due to an interface indexing problem
and I'm surprised this code worked at all. As I haven't received my Metis card
as yet, I'm only able test the interface to the point of initiating and
completing the discovery process, which I can confirm working on WinXP 32bits
and Windows 64bit systems. Those interested in testing HPSDR Programmer on
Windows 7 64bit systems may want to download the binary archive from

http://www.ping.net.au/HPSDR_Programmer-20110302.zip

Other issues noticed but not followed up:

* unsafe use of type "long" and possibly other types
* comparison of unsigned with signed variables
* exception thrown by DiscoveryThread::stop()

The exception was due to DiscoveryThread::stop() being called after failing to
bind to the socket of a bad interface. This happened before making the changes
to the discovery routing.  I haven't seen it since, but it may still be an
issue and needs to be tested.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN